Helping students succeed takes a partnership between schools, community and family. More than fifty years of research shows that parent-school partnerships can directly impact academic achievement and student attitudes towards schools. So how do we build strong partnerships between schools and partnerships.
Alaska Initiative for Community Engagement works with districts and schools to:
- Help to establish family members as essential teachers during the early years
- Fully engage family members in each student’s academic, social and emotional achievements
- Support teachers to develop their own skills, style, and toolbox for working effectively with parents.
- Create conditions for school-family partnerships
- Create school climates that are aligned with community and community values
- Prepare parents to become post-secondary supports